Individual age groups:
16-19 yrs male/female 20-24 yrs
25-29 yrs 30-34 yrs
35-39 yrs 40-44 yrs
45 yrs +
There will be a cap of 200 entrants. Please register early. Registration will close July 23, 2006.
$30.00 Adult (includes race t-shirt, gift bag, and after race celebrations)
$75.00 Team (as above for each team participant)
No refunds available. In the event that you are not able to participate, race package will be held for pick-up up to one week following race. Please see contact information.
Procedure on race day:
· 6:30am – 8am – St. Mary’s Reservoir North boat launch (see map) - registration and transition #1 set-up. Signs will be posted
· You will arrive at the Reservoir to register, you will be given your registration package including your race number and 2 race gear bags identified by your race number
· You will set-up your swim-bike transition area, then drive to transition area #2 (located near the north entrance to Magrath from Highway 5) and set up your bike-run transition
· Proceed to park your vehicle near the finish line (LDS church in Magrath - see map)
· All participants competing in the swim and/or bike will be shuttled to the start area at 8:00am sharp.
· Please note that the registration process, including transition set-up will take a minimum of 50 minutes.
· Race start: Sprint 8:45 am - Olympic 9:00 am.
· Ample parking is available at LDS Church in Magrath. Please see the map for an outline of the course and highlights of other important locations on race day (parking, registration, transition zones, etc.)
Timing and Results:
This is a chipped timed race provided by Winning Time Canada – the most accurate timing possible. You will receive your chip when you register on race day. Carefully follow the instructions to attach your chip and then ensure that you cross the mat at each transition area and the end of the race. For your information, timing splits are as follows:
· Swim - begins at race start ends at out of water
· Bike - begins at out of water ends at out of 2nd transition area
· Run - begins at end of 2nd transition area ends at end of race
· Results can be viewed at www.winningtime.ca
Prizes from our local sponsors will be distributed by random draw following the race. Check race board for results.
Water will be available at each transition area and on the 10km run. Ambulance and EMT service will be available on the route.
You will be required to sign a waiver – no waiver, no race :( All participants under 18 years of age are required to have their parent or legal guardian sign on their behalf.
The swim takes place at the St. Mary’s Reservoir and begins at the boat launch area on the north side of the lake. The open water swim is an out - and - back around a buoy with the Sprint distance at 600m and the Olympic distance at 1500m. There are no change rooms available (with the exception of a couple of portable washrooms). As well, there is no place to leave valuables. The Reservoir can be cold, so you may want to consider a wet suit.
Once out of the water, it is approximately 100m to transition area #1. Your race number is your transition lane number and will also be used to mark your swim gear bag (this is one of the numbered gear bags received at registration which will be transported to transition #2 for easy post-race pick-up).
Most competitors run in bare feet to the transition area. You may want to bring a small container with water and a cloth to clean your feet before putting on your clean foot wear. Do not mount your bike until you have cleared the transition area. Your helmet must be fastened prior to leaving the transition area.
The bike course follows highway 505, which includes a moderate hill, and then turns onto the highway towards the town of Magrath. The highway ride is a gentle downhill slope. The Sprint bike distance is 25km (an easy 5km has been added to ease with transition congestion), while the Olympic distance is 40km.
Be sure that your bike is in good working order prior to race day. The Tailwinds Bike Club will be providing minor repairs on the bike course as needed. If in doubt, provide any necessary bike repair equipment in a numbered bag and it will be transported in the van to be used if needed. Helmets are mandatory.
Dismount your bike prior to entering the transition area. Keep your helmet on until your bike is racked in your numbered lane.
Both distances include a scenic run through the town on paved roads. Winding through the town, you will make your way south of Magrath on highway 62 and return to face one nasty hill near the finish (builds character J). Sprint distance is 5km while Olympic is 10km.
Yeah! You did it! Join us for food, beverages and prizes at the finish line (only paid participants can eat – they earned it J) Please remove bikes and belongings from transition areas as soon as possible (or wait until last finishers cross) to reduce congestion for other racers.
For all race information:
Further questions or comments, contact: Race Directors
email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Town of Magrath